Gretchen Hollstein, CFP®
Senior Advisor, Principal
Gretchen joined Litman Gregory in 2005 and became a principal in 2010. She has over 20 years of experience providing investment advisory services to individuals, family groups, and nonprofits. Her experience includes extensive work in personal financial analysis, asset allocation, retirement planning, and multi-generation family gift and legacy planning. Prior to LGAM, Gretchen served as Portfolio Manager with Bay Isle Investment Advisors, and as Vice President with Fremont Investment Advisors (a division of the Bechtel family office).
- Multi-Generation Families
- Business Owners
Achievements & Credentials
- University of California, Santa Barbara (B.A., Business Economics, B.A., Psychology)
- University of California – Berkeley Extension (Certificate in Personal Financial Planning, Awarded with Distinction)
- Certified Financial Planner (CFP®)
- Past President and Board Chairperson, San Francisco chapter of the Financial Planning Association (FPA)
- Recognized on Working Mother’s 2019 Top Wealth Advisor Moms List*
- Named as a 2020 Forbes Best-in-State Wealth Advisor**
- Exploring with my family and being amazed by my kids
- Enjoying a good game at the ballpark, keeping score for the SF Giants
- Spreading financial education through public speaking and pro bono events
Gretchen.Hollstein@lgam.com | Connect on LinkedIn
*Four hundred advisors from across the U.S. were recognized in this prestigious survey. Working Mother and SHOOK Research rank advisors based on the volume of assets overseen by the advisors and their teams, revenues generated for the firm, and the quality of the advisors’ practices.
**Forbes’ Best-in-State Wealth Advisors list was developed by SHOOK Research and is based on in-person and telephone due-diligence meetings to evaluate each advisor qualitatively and on a ranking algorithm. Neither Forbes nor SHOOK receive a fee in exchange for rankings.